Acute conjunctivitis – more commonly known as “pink eye” – affects nearly 6.9 million people in the United States every year.1 Approximately 1 in 4 patients with acute conjunctivitis have confirmed adenoviral conjunctivitis.2,3 QuickVue Adenoviral conjunctivitis Test is the first and only CLIA-waived, point-of-care test that detects all known serotypes of adenoviral conjunctivitis.
Early and accurate diagnosis of pink eye may prevent serious consequences including morbidity. Significant overlap exists in the clinical signs and symptoms of acute conjunctivitis and misdiagnosis by eye care professionals occurs in approximately 50% of conjunctivitis cases.4 With QuickVue Adenoviral conjunctivitis Test you can make a rapid, accurate diagnosis before the patient leaves your office.Sterile sampling fleece allows for a small fluid sample to be tested. Test and treat in the same office visit. Eliminates guess work, confirms diagnosis. Few steps, easy to perform, require minimal training. Easy to read and interpret. Ready to use, no need for additional equipment. Facilitates internal laboratory quality control. No need for refrigeration, can be stored in exam rooms.
- Sample collector: Sterile sampling fleece allows for a small fluid sample to be tested.
- Results in 10 minutes: Test and treat in the same office visit.
- Identifies subclinical findings: Eliminates guess work, confirms diagnosis.
- One reagent: Few steps, easy to perform, require minimal training.
- Two-color result: Easy to read and interpret.
- All components included in kit: Ready to use, no need for additional equipment.
- External controls available: Facilitates internal laboratory quality control.
- Room temperature storage: No need for refrigeration, can be stored in exam rooms.
Product Specifications and Resources
|Sample type||Tear fluid|
|Time to results||10 minutes|
|Kit storage conditions||Room temperature (15°C to 35°C / 59°F to 86°F)|
|External Controls||Positive and negative included|
|Shelf life||30 months from date of manufacture|